Juan Gerardo Galván-Rodríguez, LCSW is a licensed psychotherapist educated and clinically trained in India and in the USA. He has tailored his 8 years of education and clinical training by completing the following paramount bachelorette, masters and post-graduate programs:
- Our Lady of the Lake University (San Antonio, Texas, USA)
- Mangalore University (Mangalore, Karnataka, INDIA)
- New York University (New York, New York, USA)
- The Ackerman Institute for the Family (New York, New York, USA)
- Mississippi College: Department of Psychology & Counseling (Currently Enrolled)
His extensive experience has likewise been tailored to domestic and international venues wherein he has offered bicultural and bilingual (English and Spanish) psychotherapeutic services. He has worked with children in the educational system in India. For the majority of his career, he has practiced in New York City working with adolescents struggling with substance abuse & recidivism. Such adolescents were treated within the juvenile justice system (prisons). Concurrently, Mr. Galván-Rodríguez treated their families in the community (The Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island). Additionally in New York City, he was also treatment children in an outpatient setting; with couples and families. During his tenure in Boston, MA he worked with the rigorous Adult Chronic Mental Health population addressing struggles such as: Psychosis; Schizophrenia; Personality Disorders; Substance Abuse; Bipolar Disorders; Suicidal/Homicidal ideations/attempts; etc.
His experience also includes the supervision of clinical staff and interns from various disciplines (counseling, psychology, clinical social work, etc.) in New York City, Boston and across the state of Texas.
In my over a decade of education, training and direct clinical experience, I have come to know that in the course of psychotherapy you will go through three phases:
1. You come to the realization of your beliefs (means=mind).
2. You come to know yourself much more deeply (notitia sui=self-knowledge).
3. Then (and only then) you come to love yourself more thoroughly (amour sui=self-love).
Not three separate things rather three elements, three movements, three dynamics within the same self that will liberate you from your disorder(s)!